Are you looking for a great way to renovate your home decor but you don’t have the money to hire an interior decorator? Don’t worry; you can do it yourself with free home decorating tips!Remember when it comes to home decor that more money doesn’t always equal better. There are many fantastic things that you can do without spending any money at all. In addition, you can get hints, tips and advice on decorating your home without spending a lot of money. One of the first steps you can take to do this is to go to your local library. Not only can you find tons of great books to check out but you can also find old copies of many home decorating magazines and more. This is a fabulous way to get free home decorating tips.
Here are some more tips for you:
- Make the old new again- One thing that you see often on home décor or design shows like Trading Spaces where people are designing on a budget is the renovation of the old into something new. This not only works for great items in your home but also for things that you pick up at a yard sale, thrift shop or antique store. You can take an old table, desk, chair, bookshelf or virtually any other type of furniture you can think of and renovate it with some sanding, a new paint job or new fabric and make it like new again. This can be done for pennies on the dollar and in some cases, even completely free.
- Use handmade items- Handmade décor is both cheap and unique. It’s very inexpensive and adds a personal touch to the room you are decorating. Something is just that much more special when it has been carefully constructed by hand by someone you care about. You can get directions for creating homemade décor items both online and from books and magazines.
- Paint- A fresh coat of paint can make a big difference in a room and it’s typically pretty expensive when you do it yourself. All you need to do is buy the paint and maybe just a few supplies such as brushes and painting tape and you are good to go.
- Texture Your Walls- Another great idea is to add some texture to your wall. You can do this with wall hangings, blankets or quilts, etc.
- Plants Galore! – There are many great and inexpensive ways you can use plants and flowers to spruce up any room in your home, even the bathroom.
- Stop by Goodwill- Visit the Goodwill and other locations to get great items for less money. Even that once in a while “rare” find is worth it.
We will have more free home decorating tips coming soon. Feel free to drop us a line and leave your own free home decorating tips as well. To stay up to date on free home decorating tips, check back with us often. You can also sign up for free newsletters and e-zines online that send great free home decorating tips right to your email inbox every day. Keep your eyes peeled whenever you are out and about or surfing the television and the Internet so you can discover greater free home decorating tips to use on your home!